Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

The High Ropes of Death

                             The High ropes of death


My Knees were shivering as I climb the ladder. I checked my harness 24 times to check if it won’t come off. When I was on the beam walk I was so frightened to let go of the ropes. When I was on the top I looked down and it felt like I wasn’t even wearing my harness. I walked 4 steps forward I was so scared I couldn’t take another step.


The instructor said to be brave and walking so I did. I walked the beam in fear so I held the rope so tight it was going to break, but it didn't didn't. When I got to the other end I said to myself yayyyy!. I was so proud of myself and I wanted to get down until the instructor said to travel back.


When I got to the other side of the pole the instructor said to lean back and jump off but I didn’t want to I was so scared and afraid the rope will break. But when I realized the others were holding the rope incase I fell I trusted them and leaned back and jump off. When I jumped off it felt like I jumped off the empire state building. When I got to the ground I was really happy that I could do it again and again.


It was 12 minutes until we had to pack up and have our lunch so the instructor said we could have another go so I volunteered to go again. This time I wasn’t scared to do it. When I climbed the ladder I was confident that I could do it. When I was on the beam I did 2 star jumps. When I did my first star jump it felt funny because the harness was pulling me up.
I walked to the pole and this time I wasn’t scared.

When I got to the pole I walked back and done 1 push up it was really scary but I did it. When I was ready to get down I leaned back and jumped off. When I was on the ground I told everyone it was pretty fun.

This is my recount I have wrote about being on the high ropes at camp. At first I thought it was scary but then when I tried again it wasn't scary. This is a 5 minutes recount of camp. It really was a fantastic moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment