Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2018

Tech Reflection - Pewter casting



For tech today we have been working on our pewter casting designs. The design I have chosen to make is a diamond necklace. The person I'm going to make my pewter casting design for is my mum because she likes jewelries and she has a ton of a collection of them at home. For our tech group the hardest challenge today was to trying to cut out the wood I had traced my diamond on. It was quite difficult trying to cut it out because it had been vibrating a lot so it was hard to cut while rotating it to get my corners correctly. I had really enjoyed doing this tech rotation and hope to finish my design off by next week or later. Our tech teacher Mr Grundy had taught us how to use sand paper to make our pewter casting design polished. I had quite enjoyed doing this tech rotation because we could choose what we would like to make and how we were to design our item we have chose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment